The Dr. John Sanders Technology Achievement Award/Scholarship Initiative
Applications accepted beginning October 1, 2016
The Grand Strand Technology Council created the Dr. John D. Sanders Technology Achievement Award/Scholarship Initiative in 2015 to encourage high school students to pursue studies in high demand science, technology, engineering or math-related fields (STEM).
When to apply?
Applications open on Thursday, October 1, 2016 and are due by 5:00pm on Thursday, March 31, 2017.
When will awards be given?
You and your guidance counselor will be notified no later than April 30, 2017. Awards will be announced / presented at your respective school’s awards ceremony.
Who should apply?
To be eligible for consideration, students must meet ALL of the following criteria.
- be enrolled in a recognized high school within Horry or Georgetown County
- interested in pursuing a degree in a STEM field
- maintain a 3.0 grade point average (copy of unofficial transcript required)
- 3 letters of reference (attached to form or emailed to email@example.com)
In addition, undergraduate students are encouraged to take advantage of internship opportunities in the Grand Strand.
Recipients will be chosen based upon the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Community involvement
- Participation in after school school activities that relate to STEM
- Employment or internships in the field
Awards are more than just a monetary recognition and a trophy. The Grand Strand Technology Council is very interested in connecting recipients to the network of high tech employers in the area.
Please contact the Grand Strand Technology Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.